The internet is one of those things that is constantly evolving and changing This will inevitably have an impact on the functionality of your website in the long term.
When it comes to having your website designed it is no longer a one off exercise where you pay someone to build you a website and then it sits on the internet forever. On the contrary, you will need to update your website regularly to reflect any changes and to keep up with a rapid moving market. Don’t get me wrong, if your website is working and generating you heaps of conversion traffic then don’t touch it. What I’m referring to here is that as the internet evolves, so should your website. In the same way we buy new cars, new televisions etc., so should we give the same value to our websites and move with the times.
There are various ways in which you can have a website built but one of the most cost effective ways and one that works really well is using a platform called WordPress. Here’s why:
- WordPress is constantly changing and evolving as the web evolves. It keeps up with the latest changes and developments that happen on the internet.
- WordPress is an open source platform. This means that there are a large number of web developers who specialise in developing applications and systems to keep WordPress up to date.
- WordPress developers gives people what they want. In my opinion it seems to monitor the web quite well in terms of what is appealing to people at the time both visually and in usability.
- WordPress is easy to use for those who are technologically challenged and who do not have coding experience. It has a visual editor which is easy to use. You can draft content in advance and you can schedule your blogs to go out on specific dates.
- WordPress integrates really well with social networking. It offers offers so many different ways for your customers to connect with your website and social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google Plus and many others.
- WordPress offers many different options such as forums, contact forms, portfolio styles, shopping carts, affiliate programs, landing pages, video integration, blogging facility, polls, reviews, and the list goes on and on.
- WordPress offers good SEO (search engine optimisation) out of the box.
- WordPress has gone through great lengths to make sure it is compliant with W3Schools standard web compliance.
- WordPress is mobile friendly which is vital going forward. People sleep with their mobiles, wake up with their mobiles and go everywhere with their mobiles. I know I do.
- WordPress integrates well with Google; Google Maps, Google Analytics, and other Google Tools
There are millions of people who are using WordPress.
I would highly recommend you have someone who specialises in WordPress to set it up for you initially with the look and feel you want and then keep them on a retainer to assist you in emergencies. Make sure the person specialises in WordPress.
[callout type=”center” title=”Is your website or social media activities
not working for you?” message=”Get advice and ideas on what you can do to gain more exposure for your business” button_text=”Book a consultation!” href=”https://romanythresher.com/contact” target=”blank”]